So, I'm reading Redeeming Love right now and that line leaped at my heart and pierced it. How many times have I been guilty of trying to prevent myself from being hurt and it only ended up hurting me more? The answer is countless. So many times I have imagined things to be a certain way and in an effort to guard my heart I only end up having to salvage what I did to myself in my mind. It's brutal.
But anyway!
It's Christmas day, and I am actually in a rather joyful mood! Christmas morning was a treat as always. Mom always out does herself, and honestly I wish she wouldn't, because she wears herself out. I know she just wants to make us all happy, and I'm quite content with her just being here with us. It's easier to spend quality time with her that way. Regardless, she made us an awesome breakfast of blueberry muffins from scratch and cheesy grits. Then for dinner/lunch we had cornish game hens, sweet potatoes, and green beans. Delish! It is always one of my deepest regrets that I am not a better cook. One of the chief reasons I find this to be such a deep hearted regret of mine is because I don't want to disappoint my husband. For him I will learn and I will glean all of my mother's skills... I pray this will happen as I get my own apartment and have the means to a kitchen. I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be much trial and error.
I was talking to my absolute best friend in the whole wide world earlier, and we define "iron sharpens iron". I love talking to her; she always gives me a fresh, bright perspective. She gave me the sweetest compliment: "And I can't even say how blessed I am to have you. I wouldn't be here today and no doubt I wouldn't be as intense as I am w/o your wisdom and loving God with abandon..." That last part about loving God with abandon really penetrated my conscience. I forget this about myself sometimes, but it dawned on me that I really have abandoned A LOT in order to follow God's dreams for my life: my life, my own dreams, my fleshly desires, certain friends, etc. I pray that I can keep abandoning these things daily! Thank you Lord for such inspiring people in my life.
A sisterhood weaved into the tapestry of the Lord's Kingdom by His grace.
Here are a few Christmas Eve/Morning pics:
That's my beautiful Nana!
One of my gifts was this beautiful leopard snuggie!
The beautiful family!
Mama with her Cuisinart!
Sportin' my snuggie!
As you can see, we had a very Merry Christmas. Despite our financial struggles, Mama was able to provide for us! Jesus is good. Now I'm just sitting around enjoying the peace of today. I always feel pretty lazy though on these kind of days and I hate it, so I think I might go for a prayer drive or prayer walk! Or I might just read some more. Hope y'all all had a very Merry Christmas! :)
Love,
J
No comments:
Post a Comment