Monday, January 4, 2010

Take my life and let it be for You and for Your glory!

Dang!

That's the word that comes to my mind when I realize it's 2010 and it's a new year and decade. I think, "Dang! My life is so different than I ever thought it would be!" "Dang! Time has flashed before me in the blink of an eye." "Dang! The Lord has done SO much in my life in the past year!" "Dang! I have learned so much and experience the Lord's goodness in new ways afresh every day!"

I remember writing a blog exactly a year ago today, January 5th, and I raved about how much the Lord had taught me and how I was so super blessed to be where I was at that time. And don't get me wrong, I specifically remember how I was feeling that day and I truly was thankful for that time in my life, but I sit here today more blessed than I can properly express. I am no longer in the dating relationship I was at the time I wrote last year's blog. I am currently single and trusting the Lord's will in my life. I have a faith in Him that is made complete by His grace in my life. I have not even faith from my own accord; everything I own is His. I own nothing in this world. I have never felt more peace in giving up everything in exchange for an abundance of glorious riches that are not of this world in which I currently live.

Every year I try not to make 'resolutions' but spiritual goals for myself and the past two years my mottos have been: to exude love, kindness, and beauty (2008) and to be comfortable in my own skin (2009). I can't really say whether or not I exactly reached those goals, because those are things that I will forever strive for, but this year my motto is to Live in Freedom! That is also something I always desire to do, but this year I pray that will look like me giving up my stress, worries, and DOUBT to the Lord. I pray that will also look like me just being free overall from the sin that so easily entangles.

There are of course little things that I hope to stay faithful to like: truly digging into the Word and not just skimming it, staying away from desserts/sweets altogether, limiting my facebook activity, and working out.

Y'all... I had the hardest time tonight refraining from sweets, because I went to a prayer meeting tonight where there are always beautiful, tasty sweets. Listen, I had to resist my absolute favorite: apple crisp AND beautiful, deliciously looking (and I'm sure tasting, but I wouldn't know...) vanilla (another fav) cake with that frosty, whipped icing. Ummm... and Dr. Pepper. Those are three of my absolute weaknesses BUT I refrained. Praise the Lord! It was only by His grace and the prayers I asked for. This is serious business! I may sound crazy, but I need help with things like this. I also fed myself terribly helpful cliches like, "A moment on the lips is forever on the hips" and "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". Yeah, that's right.

As for the other three... I'll call on the strength of the Lord for those things too! I really need the working out thing to happen. Not for vain reasons of wanting to simply look good, but because I feel like when I have the structure of a work out schedule, my mental, emotional, and spiritual health is improved as well. That's a fact. So... I'm going to take full advantage of my paid for gym membership at school during this upcoming semester. This is serious business!

Anyway, on a final note I would just like to comment on the beauty that the Lord has brought into my life over this past year. He has blessed me with so many beautiful, new friendships. He has orchestrated my life in such a way that brings me so much joy and I pray it reflects in glory to His name. He has taught me so much, released me from much, and delivered me from much. I thought I was never going to be able to move on from my first love, but surprise! I moved on and I couldn't be more grateful for His supreme authority over my life. He is entirely too good to me.

Oh and on another final note (ha), I just got back from a SALT conference in Waxahachie over the past weekend. I had an amazing time with my brothers and sisters from Chi Alpha. We had such a blessed time and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit over the conference was breathtaking. I truly enjoyed just being in His presence. I learned a lot of things and am still yearning for more!

I would like y'all to meet my beautiful, precious, sweet sister Alex. She's from Sam's XA, and I adore her:
We had such a fun time at SALT. You can ignore my crazy face.

This is my best friend who is constantly blessing me with praise!

This is probably just the true essence of us! I mentioned her in my last blog, but coincidentally she sent me another super sweet compliment today, "You're beautiful, witty, and the most intense woman of God I surround myself with. I praise HIM for YOU!" Is that not incredible? I am blessed with HER! She completes me... haha, I kid I kid. But seriously, the Lord has been so very good to me with our friendship.

We had all had a lot of fun and good learning time at SALT. And this is a picture of my amazingly beautiful brothers and sisters:




And my beautiful, sweet, precious, endearing, beloved sisters:




Okay, so you get the picture. I'm blessed! I have never understood more the meaning behind Paul's words when he constantly tells his brothers and sisters he thanks God every time He thinks of them. Paul, I feel you brother, I feel you!

This is going to be a great year in 2010. He has already given me so much direction and purpose, it's unreal!

Love,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment