Wednesday, December 9, 2009

To those with ears to hear and eyes to see.

The other day I talked about having one of those days where you unwind and think what a good day it has been. Today was one of those days as well, except with a little extra something special attached to it. It was one of those days where you think that exact same thing, but you are ultimately encouraged to spend more time with the Lord, pray more, and stop getting on facebook.

For as long as I can remember, I have had this awful habit of wasting time on the internet. I am a product of my "millenial" generation. I hate it. I can't stand it. Yet I embrace it. Whose fault is that? It is mine, and I take full responsbility, because I have knowledge of what it does to my mind and heart, yet I let it be an idol - day in and day out. There will be time periods here and there that I will deactivate my facebook, but ultimately it's going to have to come down to something greater. I'm either going to have to delete my facebook completely or just ask the Lord for more help to be self controlled, because honestly I need to be spending my time elsewhere.

Whenever I've been spending too much idle (idol) time, my mind and heart become a place of yuck. I was talking to Jess today about the metaphorical container that is our hearts. Our hearts can either be filled with poison or honey. Our heart might get kicked or jarred, but that kick or jar doesn't change the content of what is in that container. What spills out of the container is what's already in our hearts. I want my heart to be filled with honey! I take the most kicks from my mother (this is when I realize I have something more sour than honey in my heart), not by her intent, but my own defensiveness toward everything we talk about, namely spiritual things. I feel like she doesn't understand my convictions, and it's hard for me, because I want my sweet mama to know and be able to pour wisdom into me! I feel like she gives good advice, but I want something more! This just disappoints me. There is nothing bad to be said of her whatsoever, because she is a beautiful woman and I love her dearly. I just get ugly sometimes with her, and it always breaks my heart and spoils my Jesus high. It's not her fault; it's mine. And I willingly allow Satan to stampede all over my thoughts.

Enough is enough! I want to fight this spiritual warfare, and the Lord has given me tools. I need to use them!

Tomorrow and Friday will be even better days as I won't have to take any finals, and I can sleep in to my little heart's content :)


Here's a picture from yesterday's festivities at XA skit night! This also happens to be the beautiful girl (on the right) Jess that I had the privilege of sharing time with today and having rich, spiritual conversation!
She's a blessing, and the Lord has truly blessed me with some wonderful women of God in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment