Saturday, December 5, 2009

Time Portal

Today was one of those days where you come home, unwind, and think to yourself, "Man today was a good day." Then you press the rewind button in your mind and start replaying all the highlites.

I arrived in my hometown on Thursday night (after the worst drive home, ever) and saw a movie with my mama, Twilight: New Moon, to be exact. After watching the movie, I am TOTALLY Team Jacob. I'm not a sucker for the Twilight saga nor have I opened a page of the books, but I would have to say Edward Cullen is lame sauce in my opinion. Or maybe I just don't think Rob Pattinson is cute, like at all... at all. He's pasty, has red rimmed eyes, and dare I say it... hairy nipples. I don't like the way those last two words look on my computer screen, but someone has to say it.

Then today (yesterday? It's 2:00 a.m.) was a fabulous day. I woke up (later than planned) and got ready for the eventful day I did not know was ahead of me. Dad and I had brunch, and it was quite delish! Then he took me to the school so I could visit my favorite high school teacher and have lunch with a few of my bestie esties from high school that are seniors this year. He dropped me off, and I felt so cool being at high school, dropped off by my dad, and I was automatically greeted by a group of like 10 people and two of my best friends running toward me only to greatly embrace me. It was really sweet. I missed them! Oh how I dearly love them! It was so good to see their bright and shiny faces even if I saw them over Thanksgiving break. And did I mention it was SNOWING today? Oh yeah... it was snowing! SNOWING. Did you hear that last part? SNOWING in my hometown... it never does that, in case you were wondering.

So anyway, I got to visit my teacher, and it was really sweet to see her. And then I had lunch with one of my favorite people ever:


She suggested we spend the rest of the day together, and I didn't have any objections. However, I had two periods to kill, because she's a high school student and still has to go to class... SUCKER! :) So, I went and had a play date with my friend, Chase. We went and frolicked in the park while IT WAS SNOWING... and he caught this action:


I really enjoyed hanging out with Chase. We discovered how truly mature we are and also he asked this question, "Jenna, why did we never hang out more in high school?" I was truly flattered and wondered the same thing. There are so many people in my life that I wish I had spent more time with when I had the chance. I guess I was too caught up in my own world. I mean I hung out with a vast array of people in high school, but I was never close to more than a select few. Maybe that was a good thing. Maybe that's what kept me from ever going to a high school party. Maybe that's what kept me from never losing my morals and always going to church. Anyway, I had a really enjoyable time with Chase and hopefully we'll hang out over the Christmas break.

Then Chase took me back to the school, so I could go play with Christen, Hunter, Jake, and Alex. We had quite the eventful snowy afternoon!



That's Jordyn! She is one of the most genuinely beautiful girls I have ever had the pleasure of being friends with! I wish you could see the boots she was weaing... I fell in love. They were leopard suede and
they were TO DIE FOR!

That's Alex! We were having a really photogenic day, and the snow made it ten times better! I have missed him. We always laugh so much
when we're together!

That's Christen again. We had a really good time at her house. I missed that house. It's always good to be there :)

That's Jake the Snake. I missed that kid! He always cracks me up. He's a unique one, and I loved watching him do "tha stanky leg".

Oh, and that's me with a hot cup of cocoa.
Yes, I'm wearing one glove.

I hung out with these lovely friends all day, and we had dinner and went to the mall. I bought a super cute headband at Forever, and I wish I had a picture of it to show you, but unfortunately I stopped being vain for 3.6 seconds and didn't take a picture of myself in it from my camera phone. All of these pictures featured in this blog are from my LG chocolate phone... aren't you impressed? No? Well, I am impressed with my phone's picture taking abilities.

Anyway, I could probably tell you more about my day, but I'll spare you the minute details. I do have a serious thought (paragraph(s) of lengthy proportion) to close with though.

As Alex was taking me home tonight, I started talking to him about my ex boyfriend whom I can't help but think about when I'm with these people. These people are mutual friends of ours, and I hung out with them A LOT my senior year, because Nathan and I were always doing group things with these people. So, periodically throughout the course of my hanging out with them, I will think of Nathan and it doesn't make me sad so much as it makes me nostalgic. Even though I'm hanging out with them and having a great time, I can't help but think that this isn't my life here anymore and I only get a short amount of time with them. It's a sad, weird thought. It's like these are some of the last times I'll be hanging out with them until my life really does change and it's not so easy to come back home, because most my friends will be gone from this town. That thought scares me a little bit.

I was telling Alex that it's like stepping into a time portal when I come home, because I guess I kind of expect this town to be frozen in time like it was when I left it. The last time I lived here I had a boyfriend that I was in love with so when I come back it's kind of weird to be doing things without him. It's good to be moving on though, and it feels good. I feel so incredibly blessed to come home and spend time with some of the most special people in this world. God has truly given me so many gifts that I absolutely do not deserve, but I'm thankful, Jesus!

Well, later today is Brittany's wedding, and I have to wake up early for her Bridesmaid Breakfast. I'm so excited! I can't wait for her to be married. She's so beautiful. Today will be another great day. Thank you, Lord!

Tell me somethig you learned today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment