Anyway, I preface this post to bring you my deepest heartfelt revelations and desires regarding marriage and the process leading up to it! I was driving home this morning from Leadership Training Class (LTC) and I was thinking about a story that had been told.
Our beautiful Campus Pastors (Johnny and Amy) dated in college but broke up for a 2 year time span, and their friend Kyle was re counting a story whenever the two had dated and were broken up. Johnny and Kyle were at a prayer meeting and apparently Johnny was having an episode where he was laying face down on the ground praying his heart out and he started pounding the ground, yelling "IT'S NOT OVER". Amy had said it was over, but that wasn't the case if Johnny had any say so in the matter. Anyway, I was pondering this as I drove home and I was thinking about the past few days' events that had happened in my life.
Those of you who know my life intimately know the struggles I have had regarding men, particular men that shall remain unnamed. The problem for me has been that I have been the one pining over them, and I realize this should not be the case. Granted, I want to be enamored and taken by the man who ultimately pursues me to be his wife, I want him to be the one fighting for me. I want to be the princess wearing a veil, with the main fighting for my heart, screaming out to God, "IT'S NOT OVER!" This brief anecdote told by Kyle really made me think about who should be pursuing who.
I want my husband to have fought for me and fought for me well. Granted, during this season of life it is important that I remain content in my singleness. Many have regarded that statement incorrectly though. I may date during this season of singleness. I am still single when I am dating though. Ultimately, I am still soley sold out to my Lord and savior. Until I am married, I will consider myself single. Now that we have that cleared up! :)
As I was in the middle of this post though I heard the lyrics of a Kim Walker song pop out and touch my heart, "We are longing the glory of the Lord, because we know there's so much more!" -She's so right. There is so much more! So enough with this marriage talk.
All I'm saying is I am the Lord's and until a man starts valiantly fighting for my affections I will continue to long for the glory of the Lord because there is so much more and even then... I'll still be longing!
-Jenna Lane

saw your comment on Lindsee's post and decided to check out your blog!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I feel the exact same way! I have been that girl seeking out guys, but that doesn't work for me..and now I am finally at a place of contentment with being single. I realize that there is no point in being tied down, until the one I will marry comes along! I recently read A Man Worth Waiting For and it just made me realize that all the guys I had been seeking were most definitely not who I would want to marry (I have a few posts on my blog about it, check 'em out if you want! labeled AMWWF on the left side of my blog)
Well Said Jenna....I love reading about post that discuss the deep desires we as women have to meet that man that God has perfectly tailor made for us. I believe that in the fullness of time, it will happen and the man will fight, pursue, and do whatever he needs to win us over. Remain blessed friend!
ReplyDeleteAh, y'all are encouraging! :) thanks for reading.
ReplyDelete