I started writing this post, because I re read my last one and realized that things never quite go the way I imagine them. I talked to you in brevity about the Daniel's Fast that I was choosing to follow. Well, here's the deal: I LOVE meat. And, I believe it can be eaten in healthy, moderate portions. There are also certain proteins that your body cannot glean from anything other than meat. If you asked me what those proteins are I would stare at you blankly and flash my $2500 smile (thank you, orthodontia!). However, I DO know I have a really smart brother who knows everything there is to know about health and fitness, so you can talk to him. He has a degree from THE University of Texas (don't hate =)).
Let me tell you the reasons why I started to stray from the Daniel's Fast. It was Monday (the day I started) and things were going peachy keen. Then halfway through my wonderful day I began to have a headache. Now listen y'all, I am not a hypochondriac, never have been and hopefully never will be. I am also not inclined to sickness (i.e. I haven't been to the doctor for sickness EVER... that's not exaggerating either. Literally... never.) I get the common cold every now and then but that's about it. And sometimes, like every other year I'll run a fever around Christmastime or I'll throw up occasionally from a bad item of food. So there you have it... I'm virtually never sick.
So this headache is like... annoying. I don't DEAL with sickness or headaches, if we're being specific here. Naturally, I attribute it to a lack of meat. So my fasting continues, and I'm doing well. But then... the dreams start. The first one is innocent enough. I'm taking my nap, and if you know me... you know I love the nap! I tend to take too long of naps so the REM cycle begins, thus bringing on the dreams. Also, if you know me well you know I have a stellar memory, hence I remember almost all of my dreams. This dream is about pizza. I'm eating pizza. Oh God!! I wake up feeling really guilty only to realize it was JUST a dream. Then... it's the next night and I begin to dream about CINNAMON CRUMB CAKE.... my favorite. It's always at the cafe and I had been missing it lately. This is nonsense!
So I'm still doing well, but then it's Thursday and I'm traveling home. I eat a Subway sandwich. It was GOOD. It had turkey breast on it. I'm okay. Then I get home and I have What A Burger late that night... Bye bye, Daniel. Then it's Friday and the meat keeps coming. I find myself at a friend's house Friday night cooking a beef hot dog over an open fire... all my morals, all my goals.... But it's OKAY! Because I'm going right back to that healthy eating on Monday, right?! The weekend continues on in a manner I don't care to describe at great length, because it may or may not have involved processed food, candy, fajitas, cupcakes, and chips and salsa.
However here I sit, admist an array of papers for classes, an assortment of laundry a packed suitcase that needs unpacking, a cell phone with a really cute zebra cover on it, and my eating choices have returned to rice cakes with peanut butter spread over them for protein and wheat cereal with soy milk. I'm retreating to the bird eating ways of nuts and water with virtually no fun in my life. I exaggerate, but seriously.
This is a long description of my eating habis, and I apologize profusely for that. You obviously don't have to read all of this, so I don't know why I'm apologizing.
I would like to talk about something else now. I had an awesome time at home. I came home early Thursday afternoon and continued my stay through Monday afternoon. It was glorious. I was able to attend Sam Houston's XA service on Thursday night -- I felt so incredibly blessed to be there among my brothers and sisters that I do not know well, but am so incredibly blessed to have in my life anyway. Friday was spent well too, and I got to do some shopping with my mama (spent wayyyy too much), and I also had super fun at the Winns' house playing games. Game night, anyone?! MY FAVORITE! My family will have regular game nights. I am of the conviction that it brings families closer together and gives them great stories to tell later.
So my weekend didn't stop there. It was Saturday, which meant I had to wake up relatively early because I made a promise to go see one of my best friends dance at her dance competition. My baby cousin was dancing too. And by baby cousin I do mean she'll be 15 this year!
That's Christen - she's my bestie. She did so well! I was sooo proud. She's a hoss dancer.
And this... is JACQUE!
She is also an incredible dancer. Just look at those legs :)
So I spent almost the entire day at this competition watching lovely girls dance. It made me miss turning in my jazz shoes doing pirohuettes all over that slick floor. I pray my daughters' want to be dancers!! So then it was Saturday night and I found myself among GREAT company. It was my dear friend Kayla's 20th birthday.
She's beautiful, fun, crazy, hilarious, and she loves the Lord. I adore her. We are going to have so much fun over Spring Break! :)
Here's a couple shots of all the fun that was had:
We built a pyramid...
The boys enjoyed themselves playing Twister... What great fun!
The night continued on with many laughs, 2 hours of "Never Ever Have I Ever", and just good, wholesome fun! I am so blessed to have such an extensive family of friends when I go home and in San Antonio. The Lord has blessed me well! I am SO THANKFUL.
I think I started rambling about my weekend because I wanted to tell you about my eating habits. Well, they were bad all weekend, and that's all you need to know. Today is a new day though and the Lord's mercies are fresh every morning, so here I am thankful that I am so blessed.
And what's this I hear about snow in my hometown area!? NONSENSE! I'm tired the cold, freezing, rainy weather! Summer can enter into my life at any moment, and I would not be opposed. Also, here's the breakdown of the rest of my semester: 2 weeks and 2 days until I'll be home for Spring Break for 10 days! CRAZINESS! Then from the day I go home for Spring break there are 8 weeks and 1 day left of my semester. Time is literally slipping through my hands. I can't believe it!
Whatever, I'm living life to the fullest here and now, in this moment. I have so much to be thankful for, and this post doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what's going on in my heart and how the Lord is moving throughout my life and the lives around me.
On this ending note, I would like to recognize two of my most gorgeous friends whose birthdays are coming up in March, which we will be celebrating over Spring Break when I am home!
That's Leah (on the left), and I have known her for years and have grown closer to her over the past year or so, and she is beautiful and so full of life! She'll be 18 next month :)
That's Ashlyn! We have been friends since Junior High and we started to become really good friends our senior year although we had always been fairly close. She is absolutely outstanding and deserves the best. She'll be 19 next month, and I respect her so much, because she already has her career started. She is a hair stylist, and had a large part to do with my hair being long ;)
I don't know if you noticed but my hair magically grew 10 inches! Ashlyn helped that process! Tee hee.
Here I am today in black and white:
Good Day,
Jenna







No comments:
Post a Comment