Okay, so this is a rare occurence that I write two blogs in one day. I suppose this could've waited until tomorrow but I got a little antsy to post it, becaue I haven't done of these since like the myspace days. Man, I miss being vain all the time and filling out pointless surveys about myself all day long. Whenever Mom would ask me what I was doing and I was filling out a survey I would always reply, "Nothing" or "Writing something..." To which she would ask what I was writing and then I would get grouchy and ignore her question, because I was embarrassed by my vanity. Yeah, I've grown up a little bit. But just a little bit :)
A is for Aimless. I obviously don't want to be aimless and this is why I use it for the acronym, because I want to remind myself that I have been stamped with purpose as a child of God. My aim in life should not be lacking!
B is for Bedtime. I need to be more strict with myself!
C is for Caring. I care about the people around me. I really want to be reaching the girls around me specifically. The Lord has given me so much to offer to them! They need the Lord!
D is for Dating. Dating is a sticky, layered subject that I will never fully tackle in philosophy and understanding. But I know the Lord has a plan and that's all that matters!
E is for Excellence. The Lord has called us to be holy and blameless. He desires excellence for our lives, and this is what we should strive for. We don't have to be perfect but we should strive for our most excellent!
F is for Fun! I'm a girl, and I just want to have fun!
G is for God. I mean, that's probably kind of typical of me, but I really couldn't think of a better 'G' word! I mean, come on, really what's better than God?
H is for Heaven and Hell. Hell no, Heaven yes!
I is for Isolation. We cannot grow in isolation. Yes, the Lord calls us to be lonely at times to really get to know Him, but when we live in isolation we lose vital fellowship.
J is for Jesus. Again, typical of me? I'm sorry I couldn't resist! There's no sweeter name than the name of Jesus!
K is for Karma. I believe we reap what we sow, but I don't believe in 'Karma.'
L is for Love. Without love, I am just a loud, clanging cymbal.
M is for Marriage. It's been on my heart lately, and even though it may not be my time I am still preparing for it! :)
N is for Nausea. That is one of the things I am least looking forward to during my season(s) of pregnancy (Lord willing!). Edit: I'm ridiculously girly, I know.
O is for Optometry. I have bad eyesight. Thank you, Lord, for optometrists. What if I couldn't see the world in full color and shape?!
P is for Popcorn. I could go for some movie popcorn drenched in butter. A good chick flick to keep my eyes focused on while I pop that corn in my mouth as it makes my lips dry and my hands greasy. Oh the simple joys in life I take for granted!
Q is for Quality time. Quality time is a love language. Did you know that? I think it may be my love language. What's your love language?
R is for Relationship. I am the one responsible for developing my relationship with the Lord. I need to give it more priority!
S is for Splendor. I long to be caught in the powerful splendor of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Oh, His glorious splendor.
T is for Terribly addicted to renting chick flicks from the Red Box these past few days. I rented my fourth chick flick today from the Red Box and I'm terribly excited to watch it! First was Princess Protection Program: it was cheesy but surprisingly had some sweet morals laced into it; it really reminded me of the themes in Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. The second was Bride Wars; I watched that with Sarah Monroe, and it was terribly cute! The third was Love Happens and while it wasn't as good as I had anticipated it was still good. And today's pick is New in Town. I'm hoping it won't disappoint!
U is for Unique. We are all created in a unique manner. We were not a surpise to God!
V is for Vision. The Lord has given me a vision, and I'm constantly asking Him to give me visions of what could possibly be in the places where He has planted me. He is faithful!
W is for Waiting. I'm waiting on the Lord all the time, and if I can't trust Him when He asks me to wait, then who can I trust?
X is for X-ray. Lord, X-ray my soul and show me the negatives.
Y is for Yes. Yes, is a simple word. But it could save your life.
Z is for Zany. People with zany personalities amuse me.
I finished! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment