4 Simple Goals
Something I'm going to try. Take a step. Take a leap of faith. Better myself in the process. I'm game!
So, I guess this is the part where I write about these four goals and what they mean to me and how I plan to try to execute them!
1. Eat healthy & exercise. I realize this particular goal is a bit cliche and overused. It's probably worn out and tired from everyone's excessive use of its name. And so many times, we say its name in vain. Complete and utter vain, I tell you! This goal is pretty indiscriminate, but here's to making it work and giving it a new, sexier name! I'd already been practicing this goal over the past week or so. For some strange and ironic reason, I decided to start practicing this goal on the Bahamian Cruise I went on a week ago. I had dessert for dinner TWICE on the cruise... that's like unheard of. Who is this girl that has possessed my body and why did she decide to start eating so freaking healthy on a cruise of all places?
This week alone, I've eaten like 2 cookies and that's substantial for me. I literally walked by the cookie bar at work yesterday and reached for a beautiful milano cookie from Pepperidge Farms and then drew my hand back... WHO AM I?! And today before work, I went to Kroger and bought my lunch... a peach, an avocado, a can of green beans, chicken noodle soup, and water. Yesterday, I seasoned a bowl of garbanzo beans with lemon pepper, and that, my friends, was my lunch. I think Armageddon's on its way...
Oh, and as for the exercising part, I grabbed my work out clothes this morning so I would be left with no excuse when I get off work. AND, starting next week I'll have access to my school's gym. Better watch out, you guys, I'll be posing for Health and Fitness magazines pretty soon... I'm also trying this crazy thing where I stop eating when I'm full... last night, I had a delicious Cabana Bowl from Taco C, and I was full and had a lot of food left, but I STOPPED eating. My stomach felt betrayed. BUT, once I start shrinking that bad boy I'll finally be able to control my gluttonous habits and eating those god awful portions that Texas likes to serve me.
2. Bite My (Freaking) Tongue. For those of y'all that know me, and for those of y'all who barely know me, then you probably know I have a very impudent mouth. I'm quick to drop a sarcastic remark. I'm even quicker to say things to people, who love me more than life itself, that are bitter and undeserving. I started this exercise this morning (before I even knew about 4 Simple Goals) when I was highly irritated and grumpy. My mom complained about the "twangy" country music that I had chosen. She wanted me to change it. Normally, the sweet little beautiful young lady that I am would have snapped off, "Use your fingers. You know how to change the station." Instead, I bit my tongue and changed the station to some of her beloved "black music," as my dad would say. So, in summation... I'm practicing self control; it's a weird and foreign concept.
3. Overanalyze Less. Oh my word, y'all... If you spent a day in my mind, you would be STRESSED OUT and probably exhausted in need of a cool towel to wipe your forehead. And then you'd probably need a martini, extra dirty. I know I'm a girl and we're naturally more prone to this sort of thing, but seriously?! I'm a little worried about myself here lately. I've always known that I'm a deep thinker, but the places my mind has taken me lately are freaking me out. I stress over the tiniest details, especially when it comes to guys. Oh my gosh, what did he mean by that? If I text him more than once without his initial reply then he's going to think I'm clingy and annoying. Is it annoying if I call him if I haven't contacted him in over 24 hours? Then a good guy friend of mine told me the other day that it only seems this way to me because I'm so inside the situation and have thoroughly analyzed it, which means I'm wiggin' out for no reason. If I would take a freaking chill pill, I might not have a mental hernia.
4. Be a Selfless Friend. I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm typically a pretty good friend. I have a good memory and so I remember things that most people don't remember. I like to randomly buy things for people if it reminds me of them, and I like to keep in touch with people that I meet. It's just lately I've realized that so many people are forgetful and selfish. I don't want to be that friend. If I commit to something, then by all means... count me in. The only time I ever want to let a friend down is if it is for the sake of my family. This is big for me. BIG, I tell you. I spent all summer only wanting to be with friends and avoiding the house at all cost.
Well, here's to ending the last portion of 2010 with style, grace, and a smaller pant size!
No comments:
Post a Comment