Friday, February 12, 2010

Jesus loves His girls!

So as you are all well aware it's that time of year... LOVE IS IN THE AIR! Well, love is always in the air, I suppose. But you catch my drift, right? It's Valentine's Day weekend! For the past two years, I have had a valentine. In 2008, my boyfriend to be at the time asked me out the day before Valentine's Day; it was really sweet. Then by the time 2009 rolled around I had a different boyfriend, one whom I was in love with and he gave me the Love Knot ring from James Avery! It was a sweet day.

Well this year is 2010 and I am fully immersed in the singleness God has ordained for me. I don't view it as a place of punishment but of preparation! I'm learning a lot and despite my moaning and groaning at times and my fits of whining, "I want a boyfriend... waaaah!" I still enjoy the fact that the Lord has planted me firmly in the midst of a beautiful circle of girls who love Him deeply.

That's just a few of us. I'm in the back on my tippy toes with my head
floating above everyone else's... typical!

Anyway, as I was saying, the Lord has most certainly blessed me. So this year two of my best friends are my valentine's:



The top picture is me and Kristin.
The bottom picture is me and Kaitlyn!

I love both of these girls very dearly and cannot wait to live with them next semester. Furthermore, we are potentially going to be leading small groups and so we are going to be able to witness the transfer of discipleship as we pour into other girls' lives. It's going to be sooo exciting. So even if I'm single for the rest of my life and have these girls, I'd still be blessed! I'm not saying that's what I desire, but Jesus is good regardless!

Well, in honor of Valentine's day I have been thinking about how precious the Lord's love for His girls is. I'm not saying He doesn't love His boys (because we KNOW He does!), but I'm saying He's especially fond of His girls in a different way, because I believe He's especially fond of His boys too. Anyway, you get the point! He wants us to have everything we've ever desired through the filter of His perfect love. He wants to spoil and bless us with gifts, but in return He demands our all, and I don't know about you, but I'm willing to give Him my all. I ran across the verse in Scripture today and it put me in the spirited mode of "I don't care that I'm single right now! I have sweet sisters and Jesus is even better, always!"

Revelation 19:6-8,
"Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:


'Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.'"

In this season of singleness I want to be everything I can be for my Bridegroom and I realize He's jealous for His bride. I forget this sometimes, but as I embrace my singleness I want to pour into others the grace and truth He's poured into me.

So for today, Kristin and I are going to meet up in a little while and exchange our Valentine's gifts and then we are going to wear festive colored pajamas and go to the movies and see Valentine's Day, then we are going to go get milkshakes (cause every once in awhile we need to TREAT ourselves) and then we might watch another romantic comedy at home, because we are hopeless romantics and we love our Jesus! I'm not sure what the last part has to do wit our activities but then again I guess it has everything to do with our activities, because if we were SAD girls then we would be moping.

SAD girls are what I like to refer to as the girls who mourn their singleness and refer to the day as Singles Awareness Day. I was just thinking a few days ago how I HATE that term. It's dumb. I think we should always be willing to embrace our season of life as God ordained. Granted that may be harder for those who don't know the Lord, so my heart breaks even more, because I want them to know the fullness of being in a love relationship with the Maker of our souls!

And for tomorrow I am going over to one of my sweet sister's apartments for a Singles Party where we will make pink pancakes and cookies, watch fun movies, and just enjoy each other! Thank you Jesus!

On a closing note, I want to say a few words to my valentines.

Dear Kristin and Kaitlyn,

You are dearly loved by our Maker. I pray that you keep building up your love life with Him and falling so madly, deeply in love with Him that you will be totally taken by surprise when His One for you comes gallivanting into your life. Your sweet husband has no idea what treausre he's going to find in you! I can't wait for you girls! But then again I can... because the Lord's always telling me to wait patiently :) Anyway you girls are beautiful, and I genuinely mean that. I couldn't be more blessed.

Love,
Jenna Lane

P.S. Here's some picture of my gifts to Kristin and my pajamas that I'm wearing out:

That's a card with Revelation 19:6-8 on it!

That's the back of the card with an obviously really long letter on it.
 It's written from the perspective of the Lord telling His children to wait
and be fulfilled with Him. It's good :)

My pajamas :)


1 comment:

  1. I love your post. I like how you described singleness as period of preparation and not punishment..awesome post!

    ReplyDelete